Twin Vee Limited Lifetime Warranty
2019- 2020 TWIN VEE POWERCATS LIMITED WARRANTY
Twin Vee Powercats, Inc., warrants to the original purchaser that the Hull manufactured by Twin Vee Powercats, Inc.is, at the time of purchase, free from defects in workmanship and will remain free of such defects under normal use after delivery to the original retail purchaser as provided here, within the limitations of this warranty. Your acceptance of delivery of the warranted Twin Vee boat constitutes your acceptance of the terms of this limited warranty. This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which may vary from state to state
Transferable Limited Lifetime Hull Warranty
Twin Vee Powercats, Inc. warrants to the Original Retail Purchaser that the hull on every new boat manufactured shall, under normal authorized use, be free from structural defects. Twin Vee Powercats, Inc. or its selling dealer will, without charge, repair or replace at Twin Vee Powercats, Inc.’s option, any boat or portion thereof proven to its satisfaction to be in defect during the above warranty period.
The above Limited Lifetime Warranty Policy may be transferred (for $500.00) to subsequent purchasers during a period of five (5) years from the date of delivery to the original retail purchaser. The transfer form can be obtained from your local Twin Vee Dealer or by writing the company at 3101 South US Highway 1, Fort Pierce, Florida 34982.
Exceptions: The Limited Lifetime Warranty does not cover the gel coat, nor any other components fastened or applied to the dash, hull or deck. Gel coat discoloration, blisters, and cracks are not considered structural defects. Gel coat along with installed components are warranted separately under the “Basic” Warranty listed below.
Time limitations shall run from the date of delivery to the original retail purchaser.
Transferable 3 Year Basic Limited Fiberglass Small Parts Warranty
Twin Vee Powercats, Inc. warrants some small fiberglass parts of your boat for a period of 36 months or 300 hours, whichever comes first. This warranty covers any repairs needed to correct defects in materials or workmanship of some small fiberglass parts and components such as consoles of each new boat supplied by Twin Vee Powercats, Inc. except for the exclusions or items listed under the caption “What is Not Covered” or as indicated below.
Transferable 1 Year Basic Limited Systems Warranty
Twin Vee Powercats, Inc. warrants Fiberglass Lids, Plastic Lids, Electrical Panels, Bilge Pumps, Aerator Pumps or other Electrical Devices (excluding Stereos, Depth Finders, Radar, Chart Plotters except for installation if installed by Twin Vee Powercats, Inc.), Steering Systems, Electrical Panels, and Pumps of your boat supplied by Twin Vee Powercats, Inc., for a period of 12 months or 100 hours, whichever comes first. Engine Controls, Cables, Harnesses or Switches, and Engine Brand Gauges are warranted by their respective manufacturer. You have warranties for Engine Controls, Cables, Harnesses or Key Switches, and Engine Brand Gauges thru the engine manufacturer. Stereos, Electronics, Chart Plotters, Radar and other similar devices are warranted by their respective manufacturers and are explicitly excluded from any warranty by Twin Vee Powercats, Inc.
This warranty covers parts and labor only needed for repair to correct defects in materials or workmanship of each new Twin Vee Powercats, Inc. boat supplied by Twin Vee Powercats, Inc. except for the exclusions or items listed under the caption “What is Not Covered” or as indicated below.
No part of this warranty covers or implies coverage for loss of use.
To validate this warranty, the Warranty Registration Card must be returned to Twin Vee Powercats, Inc. within (30) thirty days after the original purchase date of the hull. Return of the Warranty Registration Card is a condition precedent to this warranty.
We warrant the boat hull and bottom construction, except as noted below, against “delamination” or separation CAUSED BY MANUFACTURER’S DEFECT (see definition of “delamination” for more specific information), providing that the integrity of the hull or floor has not been broken (such as with impact damage) or has been worn through.
Definition of Delamination
For the purposes of the definition of delamination as it relates to this limited warranty will be defined as follows: In the case of hull delamination between the deck and the outer hull, where the delamination is due to a manufacturer’s defect in the lamination of the internal stringer system, the outer and inner hull will remain intact while the hull (deck of the boat) becomes soft. At this stage, before any actual destruction of the outer hull laminate, considerable movement of the deck is observed while underway and/or by walking on the delaminated area. This is a warrantable manufacturer’s defect.
If the outer hull is damaged or broken in any way first, by impact damage (caused by striking objects in the water, running the boat aground, improper trailering, etc.) and the outer hull is not properly repaired, continued use of the boat will result in water being forced into the break and the hull will fail or delaminate. This is not a warrantable hull failure as the problem was caused by operator negligence when the operator damaged the hull and failed to repair the damage and continued to operate the boat. It is the responsibility of the owner/operator to inspect his boat hull for damaged or impacted areas. Continued use of a boat with un-repaired hull damage will result in delamination and separation of the outer hull due to hydrostatic pressure. This form of delamination is not the result of a manufacturer’s defect; therefore, this damage is not covered by the limited warranty.
Note: Any damage to Exterior or Interior Gel coat including un-sealed small part attachment screws will allow water to permeate the underlying laminate. Subsequent use of the Boat with damaged, cracked or missing Gel coat could cause the underlying laminate to fail due to hydrostatic action and/or pressure. Damage caused by failure to repair and maintain the Gel coat surfaces of the boat could cause further damage to the Boat including delamination of the Hull. Continued operation of the Boat with damage to the Gel coat will void this warranty.
What is Not Covered - This Warranty Does Not Apply to:
(1) Gel coat imperfections, stress cracks or spider webs, gel coat caulking or fading or yellowing, or gel
(2) Optional Accessories or their removal or installation including but not limited to Tops, Swim Platforms, or other items not installed by TVPC or components installed by Marine Dealers or Customers.
(3) Engines or Engine installation or removal.
(4) Outdrives, Jet drives and Propellers
(5) Tearing or fading in soft goods (upholstery, carpet, Decals, canvas or monograms).
(6) Mold (Pink Mold, Yellow Mold, etc.) on upholstery or cushions. (Mold damage covered nine months
from Day of Delivery to Dealer)
(7) Wind Shields and Windscreens
(8) Engine and accessory removal and de-rigging or re-rigging.
(9) Damage to the boat caused by accident, misuse, abuse, neglect, negligence, vandalism, fire, riot, war or Acts of God. A boat powered or loaded in excess of the maximum limits as stated on the U.S. Coast Guard capacity plate attached to each boat is considered misuse.
(10) Use of the boat for racing or engaging in a contest of speed or endurance of any type or modification of
the boat in any way.
(11) Repair or attempted repair by unauthorized persons or any boat which shall have been repaired or altered
in any way so has to affect its use or operation.
(12) Damage caused by the improper fitting of a boat to a trailer, by use of a roller type trailer, or by not following the Twin Vee Powercats, Inc. Trailer Guidelines (a copy is obtainable from your independent Twin Vee Dealer or from Twin Vee Powercats, Inc.), or caused by failure to use proper boat tie downs.
(13) The expense of returning a boat to the Twin Vee Powercats, Inc. factory for warranty service and the
expense of returning same to the owner or the expense of hauling out a boat.
(14) T-Top and Hard Top powder coating due to premature coating failures in harsh environments such as
salt air or damage caused from removal or replacement of installation hardware.
Note: It is the owner’s responsibility to provide transportation of the boat both to the service location and its return after repairs are completed. The service location will be determined by Twin Vee Powercats, Inc.
(15) Any Commercial or commercial type use will void this limited warranty.
(16) The cost of de-rigging and re-rigging any parts or accessories, hardware, engines, fiberglass component parts or tops whether original equipment or installed originally by the Dealer or the Owner. The Owner will be responsible for the cost of de-rigging and re-rigging.
The following items are warranted by their respective manufacturers and are not warranted by Twin Vee Powercats, Inc.:
(1) Engine, Engine controls, Key Switches and Engine wiring harness. (2) Batteries or Chargers, Depth Finders, Radios, GPS Systems, Stereos or other electrical systems.
(3) Trolling motors, Trolling Motor Controls or Electrical Connections, damaged caused by Trolling
Motor Mounting to deck or subsequent damage caused by Trolling Motor impact when in use
Procedure for Warranty Repairs
(1) The boat must be returned to the selling independent Twin Vee Dealer, for initial inspection. In the event the selling independent Twin Vee Dealer has ceased to do business, or you are traveling, or you have moved to a different locale, warranty inspection may be performed by any authorized, independent Twin Vee. Dealer. The address concerning warranty matters is Twin Vee Powercats, Inc. 3101 South US Highway 1, Fort Pierce, Florida 34982.
(2) You must present your registration card or original sales receipt to the independent Twin Vee Dealer to
verify the boat is still under warranty.
(3) The independent Twin Vee Dealer will examine the boat to determine if, in its opinion, a warrantable defect exists. If a warrantable defect appears to exist, Twin Vee Powercats, Inc. will require the boat hull to be returned to the factory or at its sole option an Authorized Dealer for repair or authorize repair of a boat hull that is found to be defective.
For repairs performed other than at the Twin Vee Powercats, Inc. factory, a written authorization form must be received and approved by Twin Vee Powercats, Inc. prior to any work being performed.
(4) All transportation haul out, shipping and/or delivery charges are to be paid by the boat owner.
(5) All removable items, including but not limited to electronics, radios, gear and tackle, batteries, personal items, etc. must be removed by the owner prior to shipment to the Twin Vee Powercats, Inc. factory or authorized Dealer. Neither Twin Vee Powercats, Inc. or its authorized Dealer will be responsible for any loss of items not removed from the boat hull prior shipment to the factory.
(6) If boat hulls are repaired or replaced under the terms herein, the terms of this limited warranty shall cover such boat hull for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of repair or replacement or until the end of the original Limited Warranty period, whichever is later.
Limitations and Exclusions:
All implied warranties, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited to the duration of this express written limited warranty and excluded thereafter. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties, so the foregoing may not apply to you.
Twin Vee Powercats, Inc. shall not be responsible for any incidental or consequential damages of any sort or nature including but not limited to personal injury, property damage, loss of use, time, or income. Some states do not allow the exclusions of damages, so the foregoing may not apply to you.
The remedy available under this Limited Warranty is non-cumulative in nature and is limited to repair or replacement at Twin Vee Powercats, Inc.’s sole option, of the boat hull which is returned to a location approved by Twin Vee Powercats, Inc., and which it’s examination discloses to its satisfaction to be defective. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have other rights that vary from state-to state.
Twin Vee Powercats, Inc. reserves the right to change the design of any boat without obligation to modify any boat previously manufactured. This warranty constitutes the entire agreement between Twin Vee Powercats, Inc. and the owner. Twin Vee Powercats, Inc. does not assure nor authorize any person other than its corporate officers to assure any obligation on its behalf.
If any provision of this Limited Warranty is declared invalid by any tribunal exercising competent jurisdiction, then such provision shall be deemed automatically adjusted to conform to the requirements for validity as declared at such time, and, as so adjusted, shall be deemed a provision of this Limited Warranty as though originally included herein. In the event that the provision invalidated is of such a nature that it cannot be so adjusted, the provision shall be deemed deleted from this Limited Warranty as though the provision had never been entered into. In either case, the remaining provisions of this Limited Warranty shall remain in full force and effect.